WHAT is Environmental Sustainable Design?
Environmental Sustainable Design is “a high performance property” that considers and reduces its impact on environmental and human health. And being designed to use less Energy and water and to reduce life cycle environmental impact of the materials used.
WHY & BENEFIT?
- Lower energy and water costs.
- Lower waste disposal costs.
- Lower environmental and emissions costs.
- Lower operations and maintenance costs.
- Increased productivity of building occupants.
- Increased health of building occupants.
- Higher building valuation (Rule of Thumb: Buildings increase in value eight to ten times the operational savings).
- Positive impacts on the local and global environment from reductions in resource use, emissions, water use, and waste disposal (Leonardo Academy, nd).